.

because motherhood has more ups and downs than an amusement park

because motherhood has more ups and downs than an amusement park

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

number two & classic

chicka was a little more crabby today. i guessed it was revenge getting me because i bragged that she wasn't crabby at all. as the day progressed it got worse. as i was feeding her dinner i saw something odd. tooth number two is poking through! poor chicka, not one but two teeth at once!


i probably just had one of my top three most embarrassing moments of my life! i have this fear since i'm kind of goofy, awkward and unusually happy that people think i'm not smart. okay here it goes:

i'm at the gas station. i want three things: gas, bottled water, one bill. i don't want to pay outside at the pump, go inside and pay again for water. i hit "pay inside", which i've never done, and it says authorizing. soon a woman's voice come over the intercom above me and says "mam, this is a pre-pay station. you need to either come inside and pay first or pay outside". "fine", i thought, "forget the water, i just want gas." i tried to cancel it but it wouldn't go. again the woman's voice comes on the intercom, "MAM, it's a pre-pay only, you need to come in and pay or pay now outside." i yelled as if she could hear me, "i'm trying!". i close my gas cap and head inside.

i tried to explain the woman behind the counter that i want one bill that has water and gas. she had a different voice than the intercom woman and told me the exact same thing, pay-first either inside or out. i could see i was getting nowhere. i wanted someone to explain how to pay now INSIDE. the intercom woman comes to me and asks if i wanted her to come outside and help me. i thought "no, i know how to pump gas!"

she started walking out the door. i followed her and tried to explain that i couldn't cancel it out. when we got there it had timed out and was at the beginning screen. she started pushing buttons and showing me how to pump gas in a sing-song voice [making me feel incompetent]. she then set it up and walked away...

i hit the grade, pulled the nozzle out of its holder and turned towards my car. my gas cap and lid were closed! [my car has a lever inside that you have pull to unlock the lid] crap, i can't put the nozzle back in the holder because it might cancel it out. i set it in on the ground, run around to the driver door, get in, pull the lever, and ran back. by this time it had timed out and it read "please see cashier". sh*t, i'm not going back in there. i looked towards the store and see the lady standing in the doorway staring at me! omgoodness, has she been watching me the whole time? did she see me set the nozzle on the ground and run around and get into my car?!

CANCEL! CANCEL! CANCEL! i hit. it finally cancels. as i'm holding the nozzle, i do it for the third time. i finally get to the "remove nozzle" stage. it won't go past that stage because i already had it in my hand before i started! it doesn't realize i already removed it. what do i do?! i look over and she is STILL staring at me!!!! i ram the nozzle into the holder and yank it back out so fast if you would have blinked you would have missed it... whew, it says "pick a grade". i pick the grade, cram the nozzle into the tank, turn my back away from intercom lady and pray for this ordeal to be over with. the gas could not fill fast enough. taping my toes and about to cry i yank it out as soon as it stops, run to my car and i swear i left black tire marks when i took off!

i can laugh now but i was two seconds from crying. classic. here's a clip of me in 40 years! [sorry it has ads]  i will, but i don't ever want to go back there again. long story and thanks for reading!

chicka chicka boom boom, i'll write again real soon...

3 comments:

  1. OK, so that's kind of funny, but I'm sure it didn't feel like it at the time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok, ive only got 1 hand to type with, am nursing, so forgive the typing errors. i literally laughed out loud at your story, sorry it was at your expense!! i bet intercom lady has her version of this story on HER blog! would love to read it...and then beat her up.

    congrats on 2 teeth...good thing bout them coming in at once is that its like killing 2 birds with 1 stone. better for lil chicka.

    ReplyDelete
  3. KAAAAAAAAREN?????? Where did you go? Everything ok? I miss your blog updates!!

    ReplyDelete