.

because motherhood has more ups and downs than an amusement park

because motherhood has more ups and downs than an amusement park

Monday, June 28, 2010

disappearing act, daddy's gone & that guy

chicka's tooth is officially m.i.a.! i continually bugged her to open her tiny mouth and when i finally got a peak i noticed it had worked its way back down. booger. i can barely see it. what a mean and stubborn tooth. i outta give it a piece of my mind. i hope it works its way back up for good because i'm sure its agonizingly painful for chicka even though she doesn't act like it.

dada chicka is at training all this week and this makes me sad. its only the second time since chicka was born that he has been gone and i'm glad for that. last time it was in our home state and i got to spend that week with my parents. luckily this time, i get to stay with some relatives that live close by until he returns on friday. oh what a long week this will be because i never sleep good when he's gone because i love cuddling! a little too much in fact. i'm such a heater too and i'm sure dada is dying from heat and secretly trying to get away from me but its the only way i can get to sleep anymore. guess my pillow will be my new cuddle buddy for the week. if only it gave hugs and back rubs!

what is it that makes "guy" smelling stuff so hypnotizing?! i swear you give me a bottle of good cologne and i'm like a teenager with a sharpie, i will smell it til i can't see straight! i secretly and occasionally wash my hair with my husband's manly shampoo and use his pit stick just to so i can smell it all day. i'm weird and i'll be the first to admit it but i can't understand why i'm a junkie for the stuff.

every good thing has a downside: don't be that guy.

the guy that reeks of older gentlemen cologne that gets in my nose and won't get out. it turns me off. it doesn't matter how cute you are that guy. ladies, you know him.

don't use too much. if i can smell you upwind and outside from five feet away, its too much. every guy i've ever known that does that is sideways ball cap wearing d**che bag. ya, that guy.

don't be that guy that douses his car with it so when i get in i pray that its nice enough to keep the windows down, its a turn off. i don't need to be attracted to your car! on you is enough thank you.

be this guy:

spray just enough that i can smell it indoors when i pass you. i WILL do a double take, EVERY time. once, this guy must have known i caught a whiff because he turned around and saw my "afterglow". i was mortified.

put it somewhere unexpected, no NOT down there. like your hair. once, this guy at best buy bent down to get something on the bottom shelf to show me and he must have put it in his hair because the motion released the scent and it made me lean in a little too close [and i closed my eyes, yum] when he started to stand back up his head almost hit my face!

you get what you pay for. cheap cologne smells cheap and like alcohol. please invest it in. a little goes a loooong way. it might even make you feel like you look like this guy.

thanks for reading.

chicka chicka boom boom, i'll write again real soon...

4 comments:

  1. I understand the whole cologne thing. It is so intoxicating.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! You crack me up! Especially the part about the Best Buy guy, I can just picture you guys bumping heads and then you trying to make up a lie about why you were leaning in so close. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. you one crazy lady!

    ReplyDelete