.

because motherhood has more ups and downs than an amusement park

because motherhood has more ups and downs than an amusement park

Monday, August 30, 2010

shower

what is it about a *real* shower that makes everything tolerable?

every time i'm having a horrible "mommy" day and think "i can't take this anymore! how do people do this and not go crazy? i need five minutes to breathe!" i take a shower.

as i strip off my clothes of woe, worry and doubt of being a good mom and step into my five minutes of heaven and really take time to enjoy my shower. my mind wonders and my shoulders relax as the water washes away my guilt, stress and anxiety of the days troubles of a walking 10.5 month old. i scrub off the caked on teething biscuit and baby food along with the thoughts of second guessing my decisions and reactions of today's events. did i discipline her to hard when she chucked her sippy? did i not hug her long enough when she fell? does she know i really do love her? be gone cruel thoughts. move on and bother someone else. my shoulders relax...

as i step out of the shower and dry off and feel renewed. as i put on my mommy warrior clothes of sweats and t-shirts i think. "bring.it.on. i'm ready". and then my little chicka wakes from her slumber and i grab my mommy armor of boogie wipes, butt wipes, diapers and love. bring.it.on.
chicka chicka boom boom, i'll write again real soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment