.

because motherhood has more ups and downs than an amusement park

because motherhood has more ups and downs than an amusement park

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

auntie momma chicka

i'm an aunt! (or i guess more of a aunt-in-law?). dada chicka's sister had her baby yesterday! dad, mom and baby are all doing great. she was in labor since 4 that morning and had him around 2:43pm that afternoon. YIKES! a c-section, for the short-term, sounds better to me although that incision still bothers me sometimes...

little "o" weighed 7lbs 1oz and was 20inches long. now we just have to wait till the weekend to make the 8 hourish trip there. this is torture sitting here waiting to see him. i am not looking forward to the drive. chicka is the worst in her car seat. she despises it. hopefully she will nap some and let me rest.

i get so nervous about that darn drive it almost makes me sick. i get stressed out. the packing, the planning and the entertaining. ugh. at least we get to see a our new nephew! that is what is keeping me strong and keeping my head up high. maybe i might even get to poke my camera in his face. i have been itching to try our "new" camera on a precious newborn since we got it.  

chicka chicka boom boom, i'll write again real soon...

2 comments:

  1. Does she watch movies at all? I know she's a little young, but if it gives you a few hours of peace and quiet... ?
    We have a portable DVD player you are welcome to borrow if you think it will help. I'll bring it to the meetup tomorrow just in case. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Diane, a portable dvd player has saved us on travel sanity. While living in Charleston we drove home to Iowa twice (a 17 hr drive - without stops) and have flown across the Atlantic three times (a 9 hour flight). The other thing that always helps with any trip is lots of snacks! LOL

    ReplyDelete